myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Both MyFaces and the RI are on your classpath. Please make sure to use only one of the two JSF-implementations.
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 22:16:31 GMT
Hi

I almost forgot to say:

org.jboss.weldx.transaction.UserTransaction$1513261869$Proxy$_$$_Weld$Proxy$
cannot be cast to javassist.util.proxy.ProxyObject*
*java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.jboss.weldx.transaction.UserTransaction$1513261869$Proxy$_$$_Weld$Proxy$
cannot be cast to javassist.util.proxy.ProxyObject*

It looks like some issue with the classloader.

And the issue with @Model,@Named and @ViewAccessScoped could be caused
because it is necessary a LifecycleProvider2 implementation for
Glassfish, so the container can resolve such annotations when the bean
is constructed and destroyed. Since Glassfish is CDDL+GPL licensed,
there is no default LifecycleProvider bundled with MyFaces.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe

2012/3/13 Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> First of all, the problem is related to glassfish. This container does
> not provide a clear way to change of jsf implementation.
>
> It is not that myfaces cannot run with glassfish, instead glassfish is
> not kind with any other alternate jsf implementation.
>
> The classloader flag is just a workaround in my opinion, but it works.
> The message:
>
> *Both MyFaces and the RI are on your classpath. Please make sure to use
> only one of the two JSF-implementations.*
>
> Just ignore it. Glassfish classloader will find myfaces jars first
> than mojarra ones.
>
> The other problem you are experiencing is related to the same
> classloader flag. Since myfaces jars should be on WEB-INF/lib, those
> jars cannot be found by weld, so to make it work, you need to use
> another library like OpenWebBeans and put the related jar files on
> WEB-INF/lib folder too. That will work but it is not ideal. Anyway,
> most of the people will not care about this.
>
> The right way to do it should be done from glassfish side, removing
> mojarra jars and including myfaces ones in the container (not
> including myfaces into the webapp). But that's not easy, because I
> suppose it is necessary to check if glassfish internals will still
> work, and it should exists an integration code between mojarra and
> glassfish somewhere. Basically, glassfish does not provide a clean
> extension point to do this.
>
> Other containers like JBoss do things right, they provide a deployer
> that uses myfaces integration code. See:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYFACES/Integration+with+application+and+web+servers
>
> regards,
>
> Leonardo Uribe
>

> 2012/3/13 Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petracek@gmail.com>:
>> hi mike,
>>
>> right now geronimo3 isn't in the list [1] of the supported servers.
>>
>> regards,
>> gerhard
>>
>> [1]
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EXTCDI/Intro#Intro-Compatibility
>>

>> http://www.irian.at
>>
>> Your JSF/JavaEE powerhouse -
>> JavaEE Consulting, Development and
>> Courses in English and German
>>
>> Professional Support for Apache MyFaces
>>

>> 2012/3/13 Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com>
>>
>>> I don't have much experience with them, but Apache Geronimo and, to a
>>> lesser degree, Apache Tomcat would be alternatives to Glassfish.
>>> There may be others.

>>> can

>>> JSF
MyFaces

Source
>>> loaded.
>>> module
>>> >> >

>>> org.jboss.weldx.transaction.UserTransaction$1513261869$Proxy$_$$_Weld$Proxy$
>>> >> >

>>> org.jboss.weldx.transaction.UserTransaction$1513261869$Proxy$_$$_Weld$Proxy$
>>> org.jboss.weld.bean.proxy.ProxyFactory.create(ProxyFactory.java:245)
>>> >> >

>>> org.jboss.weld.bean.builtin.ee.AbstractEEBean.<init>(AbstractEEBean.java:43)
>>> >> >

>>> org.jboss.weld.bean.builtin.ee.UserTransactionBean.<init>(UserTransactionBean.java:52)
>>> >> >

>>> org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.BeanDeployment.createBeans(BeanDeployment.java:177)
>>> >> >

>>> org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.WeldBootstrap.deployBeans(WeldBootstrap.java:336)
>>> >> >

>>> org.glassfish.internal.data.ApplicationInfo.load(ApplicationInfo.java:277)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.deploy(ApplicationLifecycle.java:460)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.deploy(ApplicationLifecycle.java:240)
>>> >> >

>>> org.glassfish.deployment.admin.DeployCommand.execute(DeployCommand.java:389)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.CommandRunnerImpl$1.execute(CommandRunnerImpl.java:348)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.CommandRunnerImpl.doCommand(CommandRunnerImpl.java:363)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.CommandRunnerImpl.doCommand(CommandRunnerImpl.java:1085)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.CommandRunnerImpl.access$1200(CommandRunnerImpl.java:95)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.CommandRunnerImpl$ExecutionContext.execute(CommandRunnerImpl.java:1291)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.CommandRunnerImpl$ExecutionContext.execute(CommandRunnerImpl.java:1259)
>>> >> >
>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.AdminAdapter.doCommand(AdminAdapter.java:461)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.grizzly.tcp.http11.GrizzlyAdapter.service(GrizzlyAdapter.java:179)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.HK2Dispatcher.dispath(HK2Dispatcher.java:117)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.ContainerMapper$Hk2DispatcherCallable.call(ContainerMapper.java:354)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.ContainerMapper.service(ContainerMapper.java:195)
>>> com.sun.grizzly.http.ProcessorTask.doProcess(ProcessorTask.java:746)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.grizzly.http.DefaultProtocolFilter.execute(DefaultProtocolFilter.java:228)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.executeProtocolFilter(DefaultProtocolChain.java:137)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:104)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:90)
>>> >> >
>>> com.sun.grizzly.http.HttpProtocolChain.execute(HttpProtocolChain.java:79)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.grizzly.ProtocolChainContextTask.doCall(ProtocolChainContextTask.java:54)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.grizzly.SelectionKeyContextTask.call(SelectionKeyContextTask.java:59)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.grizzly.util.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.doWork(AbstractThreadPool.java:532)
>>> >> >

>>> com.sun.grizzly.util.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.run(AbstractThreadPool.java:513)

>>> in

>>> the
>>> still

>>> do