myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Gerald Turner <gtur...@unzane.com>
Subject Re: ExtVal BV question
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 22:38:28 GMT
Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petracek@gmail.com> writes:
> we could refactor [1] to support it. this add-on also performs the whole
> validation in the validation-phase ("similar" to the cross-validation
> module of extval itself).

I'm confused.  What does this add-on do that isn't builtin to bean-val?

Sorry but my exposure to ExtVal and MyFaces for that matter is very
limited.

The other day I ran across a stackoverflow¹ question that succinctly
asks the same thing I am looking for.  Somebody commented that ExtVal
handles this use-case.

Trying to figure out how to activate ModelValidation wasn't very easy,
until I found the slides² you wrote, I don't know German³, page 32 with
“@BeanValidation(modelValidation = @ModelValidation(isActive = true))”
was the big AHA! moment and ExtVal-BV was working :)  However back to
the stackoverflow question: it doesn't seem to take advantage of the
ConstraintViolation propertyPath.

¹ http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5639088
² http://www.slideshare.net/os890/metadatenbasierte-validierung
³ Life-goal: learn German; Then I can geek out on many terabytes of
  ccc.de lectures I'm missing out on!

--
Gerald Turner   Email: gturner@unzane.com   JID: gturner@unzane.com
GPG: 0xFA8CD6D5  21D9 B2E8 7FE7 F19E 5F7D  4D0C 3FA0 810F FA8C D6D5