myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Paul Nicolucci <pnico...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: How to troubleshoot ViewExpiredException ?
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 07:02:26 GMT
Hello All,

I have a couple of questions regarding this.

1) With the suggested workaround :

 <script type="text/javascript">
 // fixup for an issue of the jsf2.0 and 2.1 ajax
 // spec to deal with multiple forms per page.
 // => ViewExpiredException occurs if you heavy use ajax within
 // more than one form (MYFACES-3159)
 window.myfaces = window.myfaces || {};
 myfaces.config = myfaces.config || {};
 myfaces.config.no_portlet_env = true;
 </script>

Can you explain the importance of the "myfaces.config.no_portlet_env=true?
We are experiencing this issue in a portlet environment, would that change
the value or the chances of this workaround actually working for us?

2) It looks as though the workaround in number 1 was made in:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-2881

@Werner, can you pinpoint what commits I need from this issue?  It looks as
though there were many changes in this one commit are they all needed?

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Paul Nicolucci

             Werner Punz
             <werner.punz@gmai
             l.com>                                                     To
                                       users@myfaces.apache.org
             12/29/2011 11:23                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: How to troubleshoot
             Please respond to         ViewExpiredException ?
                 "MyFaces
                Discussion"
             <users@myfaces.ap
                 ache.org>

Here is the link to the spec bug
http://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-790

Werner

Am 29.12.11 15:20, schrieb Michael Heinen:
> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-2881
>
> It seems to be still required because it updates the viewstates of all
> forms on the page.
> Otherwise only the viewstate of the submitted form (or rerendered forms)
> is updated.
> It's a workaround.
>
> Michael
>
> Am 29.12.2011 14:51, schrieb Rohit Kelapure:
>> Why do I need this Javascript ?
>>
>> --Thanks,
>> Rohit
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 5:39 AM, Milo van der
>> Zee<milo@vanderzee.org>wrote:
>>
>>> He probably has multiple forms and could try to add the famous piece of
>>> javascript. Even though I used RF2.1.0 and MyFaces 2.1.5 I still do
need
>>> it as well.
>>>
>>> <script type="text/javascript">
>>> // fixup for an issue of the jsf2.0 and 2.1 ajax
>>> // spec to deal with multiple forms per page.
>>> // => ViewExpiredException occurs if you heavy use ajax within
>>> // more than one form (MYFACES-3159)
>>> window.myfaces = window.myfaces || {};
>>> myfaces.config = myfaces.config || {};
>>> myfaces.config.no_portlet_env = true;
>>> </script>
>>>
>>> MAG,
>>> Milo

>>> once a
>>> and we

>>> view
>>>>>
>>> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RestoreViewExecutor.execute
(RestoreViewExecutor.java:128)null

>>> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.executePhase
(LifecycleImpl.java:171)null

>>> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute
(LifecycleImpl.java:118)null

>>> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RestoreViewExecutor.execute
(RestoreViewExecutor.java:128)

>>> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.executePhase
(LifecycleImpl.java:171)

>>> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute
(LifecycleImpl.java:118)

>>> com.ibm.faces20.portlet.FacesPortlet.processAction
(FacesPortlet.java:238)