myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Ben Katz <ben.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Logging in Myfaces 2.0
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:56:35 GMT
I've upgrade MyFaces Core 2.0.5 to 2.0.8 and stopped receiving runtime
exceptions logs. Something in the logging mechanism changed that hides the
exception messages.

To test this, I planted this code in the bean:

logger.trace("XXX BEFORE XXX");
((AdminBean)(null)).deiChanged("DfdfD"); // --> Null pointer exception

logger.trace("XXX AFTER XXX");

And I can see that the log (and tomcat console) print XXXX BEFORE XXXX so I
know for sure that a null pointer exception was thrown.

So, How should I handle run time exceptions? I'm just referring to logging
them at this point but if I have to create a handler, than I will do that.

Thanks!
Ben.