myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CODI] Redirect after programmatic login
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 07:27:07 GMT
hi salvo,

yes - we had to switch the approach several times due to issues with
different versions of weld. -> right now we don't have a lot of
documentation for this part.

due to your login you have 2 initial requests. the first one shows the
login-page and the login page triggers a new one again. -> the next
navigation will add the window-id to the url.
if you need the window-id on the first visible page after your login, you
have to create a small helper page, which triggers such a navigation to the
first real page automatically.

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

2011/11/18 Salvo Isaja <salvois@users.sourceforge.net>

> Hi Gerhard,
>
> Il 15/11/2011 00:09, Gerhard Petracek ha scritto:
>>
>> to get rid of the initial redirect you have to disable it (see
>> JsfModuleConfig#isInitialRedirectEnabled).
>> since you are using glassfish/weld, you have to use the alternative
>> implementation module for doing it (see e.g. [1])
>
> Thank you for your suggestion, I've tried this solution and it kind of
works.

> I had some difficulties with the configuration, because the provided
documentation is not very clear or detailed. Namely, I was insisting with
creating the SPI file in META-INF because I was not aware that
myfaces-extcdi-jsf-alternative-configuration-1.0.1.jar was already
providing its own. After that, I had some trouble figuring out how the
properties in myfaces-extcdi.properties should have been named, but
skimming through the sources I've found my way.

> I say "kind of works" because I'm afraid I'm missing something. With
initial_redirect_enabled=false I get the original URL in the login page,
but once logged in I have no windowId parameter in the URL. That may be
fine, as I see that all URLs inside the page, including AJAX requests, do
have the windowId. I'm just asking if it is OK like that, even when using
the javascript to remove the windowId when a new tab is opened. BTW, if it
works OK without the initial redirect, why not making it the default? What
are the disadvantages?