myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Salvo Isaja <salv...@email.it>
Subject [CODI] ViewAccessScoped when closing tab
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 12:29:12 GMT
Hello,
I'm pretty new to web development in Java, and I'm still learning the
platform. In order to use Facelets with Ajax, I've found the CODI's View
Access Scope very promising.

I have a question, though. Maybe I miss something obvious, sorry if this
is the case. Each window/tab has its own windowId, and I can figure out
why it is needed. I've seen the JS script to drop the windowId when the
user opens a link in a new tab. But what when the user *closes* a tab?
Do all ViewAccessScoped beans leak indefinitely in the session? I came
to this because I was thinking to drop the windowId parameter from all
my h:link's as an alternative "solution" to the "open in new tab" issue.

Any suggestions and/or best practices?

Thank you,
    Salvo

 Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP autenticato? GRATIS
solo con Email.it http://www.email.it/f

 Sponsor:
 Conto Arancio al 4,20%. Zero spese e massima liberta', aprilo in due minuti!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=11919&d=10-11