myfaces-users mailing list archives

From D Grupp <gru...@hotmail.com>
Subject no bean access by maven generated myfaces project
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 14:50:38 GMT

Hello,

last week I was changing to Myfaces/Tomcat7 after having used Mojarra/Glassfish before.

1.) I created a project with "mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://myfaces.apache.org"
and used archetype 11 (myfaces-archetype-codi-jsf20). I imported the project into eclipse
indigo. After correcting an error in the faces-config.xml (in tag faces-config I had to change
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd to http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_2_0.xsd)
I deployed the project on a tomcat7.

Now it seems the input field "name" of the backing bean is not found as the string #{helloWorldBacking.name}
is rendered. I haven't changed anything on the code and the getter does exist correctly ("getName()").
When I enter a string into the field and press submit then first the popup window appears
as expected (which means at least the bean is found) but in the page2.jspx again the same
string is rendered ("Hello #{helloWorldBacking.name}. We hope you enjoy Apache MyFaces Trinidad").

As well, in page2.jspx two warnings appear, e.g. "The tag handler class for "tr:commandLink"
(org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.taglib.core.nav.CoreCommandLinkTag) was not found on
the Java Build Path"

For a test I created as well the archetypes 1 and 2 but the same problem appeared with respect
to the string not being rendered correctly.

What am I doing wrong? Is this not a good way to create a project? I would like to use Maven.

2.) After a change in the source tomcat is always stopped and started. Is it possible to do
a deployment without a restart, like in glassfish, for instance?

Regards,

Dominik