myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: How to get @PostConstruct and @PreDestroy to work in myFaces 1.2
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2011 08:41:45 GMT
Hi Kissue!

I suggest you use CDI (JSR-299 [1]) instead of JSF managed beans. It will allow you to also
use 'managed beans' (managed by CDI container) also in your backend jars, has Interceptors,
Events, and much more! It will then also be unit testable and lots of other positive side
effects.

I suggest to use OpenWebBeans [2] as CDI container since it also supports and is tested with
JSF-1.2 and EL-1.0.
Due to it's modular structure OWB might be a bit harder to setup than Weld, but because of
that it also provides support for exactly such 'legacy' scenarios like JSF-1.2, JSP, old EL,
etc. OWB is also known to be productively running on tomcat6, tomcat7, WebSphere 6.x, old
WebLogic servers, etc on Solaris, Windows and Linux. If you have any problems then feel free
to ping us.

I also suggest that you use Apache MyFaces CODI (a portable CDI Extension library) which has
a special JSF-1.2 support module. This will help you to transform your JSF managed beans to
CDI managed beans and provides lots of other useful functionality [3].

LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=299
[2] http://openwebbeans.apache.org