myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Comparing CODI pages/navigation to Spring WebFlow
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 14:45:31 GMT
the conversation concepts are different - you don't have to think about
special things like sub-flows or nested conversations because you get the
concept of parallel conversations.
+ conversations are decoupled from the type-safe navigation (you can use
both but you don't have to).

if you don't group conversation scoped beans, they exist in parallel. you
can group beans which should exist in the same logical conversation-group.
closing one group won't affect other groups.

e.g. if you have a booking-wizard and in the middle of it, you have to
display a registration wizard, you don't have to think about something like
a sub-flow.
just open the registration-wizard and at the end of it close the
conversation of the bean/s behind the registration-wizard. the conversation
scoped beans of the booking-wizard won't get affected and you can continue
with the wizard.

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at