myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Pieter Martin <pieter.mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: codi and webservices
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 13:00:44 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the response, I'll have a look at OpenEJB.
To be honest we have come to a Jetty CODI/Cdi world from a jboss world
precisely to get away from ejb's and ee in general as we are perpetually
spending time understanding frameworks and semantics. That said we have
had much success with some of the services provided by ee.

Thanks
Pieter

On 10/07/2011 02:38, David Blevins wrote:
> On Jul 9, 2011, at 12:55 PM, Mark Struberg wrote:
>
>> You might try using OpenWebBeans + OpenEJB. Those 2 play really well together, and
EJB contains MDB. Not sure though if the MDB impl in OpenEJB already works together with CDI.
David, I guess you know more than I about that, mind to share your thoughts?
> Overall SessionBean integration is now pretty good.  This includes @WebService beans
which are either an @Stateless or @Singleton.  We use CXF for that.  Jean-Louis and Romain
have been hacking on extending the existing CXF integration which currently covers JAX-WS
to also cover JAX-RS.  When not in Tomcat, we default to using Jetty as the HTTP impl.  That
all works in plain Java SE or you can boot it as a standalone server -- whatever is easiest
for you.

> MDB-wise things might be a little behind.  We're definitely now using OWB to construct
MDBs -- as of two weeks ago we no longer use our own code for instantiating beans and instead
use the OWB code so things can get CDI constructor injection.  All part of the plans to make
things super consistent and seamless.  So @Inject constructors should definitely work.

> Field and method injection might still be missing.  I'm pretty sure it is missing, but
wouldn't be hard to add.

> MDB Interceptors should work -- we use the same interceptor code for everything.  MDB
Decorators might work, but I would have to check.

> All this work is still ongoing, so if there are feature requests, now is the prime-time
to get them in.  Always much harder when you're working on something unrelated and have to
shift-gears.