myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Catherine Rocchio" <>
Subject Are there known problems with ReturnListener getting called?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 20:06:43 GMT
Hi there,

We are using MyFaces 2.0 and Trinidad 2.0.

We are seeing consistently in IE that ReturnListener is not getting called
when dialogs return.

BUT.. in Firefox - MOST OF THE TIME - the ReturnListener is in fact called.

My questions are:

1.        Are there any tricks/standard or known major issues with getting
returnListeners to get called?

2.       Has anyone else seen this difference between Firefox and IE?

3.       Is there some bug or trick about ensuring that returnListeners are
ALWAYS called?

I can send code examples - but.. it isn't fancy code.. quite basic.

Sorry.. thanks. even some feedback on this working perfectly for you all the
time is helpful - makes me hopeful.

tr:commandNavigationItem id = "lock" text="Lock" rendered="#{var.canLock}"

                        windowWidth="600" windowHeight="400"

The code inside the bean looks like this... Integer retval=1;

RequestContext.getCurrentInstance().returnFromDialog(retval, null);