myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Yves Deschamps <yves.descha...@univ-lille1.fr>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] Show processing message
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 07:57:05 GMT
Hello,

I use that:

<script type="text/javascript">
     function gowait() {
         document.getElementById("wait").style.display = "block";
     }
</script>
<h:graphicImage value="/media/images/please-wait.gif" style="border:0;"
alt="wait" />

(please-wai.gift attached)

It's work if you reload the page when your unzip is finished.

Sorry for my bad english.

Le 16/06/2011 09:30, Krebs Roland / BWO Systems AG a écrit :
> I have to show a message to the user at the beginning of a backingBean processing and
then, at a certain point of processing, clear the message from the backingBean.
> I've tried different ways to achieve this:
>
> -          tr:message (the message is not updated on screen)
>
> -          tr:poll and tr:progressIndicator (is not updated and constant polling seems
like an overkill, anyway)

> -          tr:panelPopup (I'm not able to close it from the backing bean)
>
> It looks like a trivial problem. Could someone point me to a solution?
>
> Background:
> I've written an application which allows the user to download files. When the user clicks
the download button, then the backing bean first will decrypt and unzip the file (takes on
large files 10 seconds an more) and then writes the content to the HttpServletResponse's outputStream.
The browsers show the 'Save as' window of course not before the writing to the outputStream
starts.

--
Yves Deschamps
CRI Pôle Web, Environnement Numérique de Travail