myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Martin Koci <martin.kocicak.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is wrong with Trinidad's download example?
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 14:47:34 GMT
jitechno píše v So 18. 06. 2011 v 07:05 -0700:
> Martin,
> my problem that example with tr:document and tr:form is not working.
> i am looked for example how to use tr:fileDownloadActionListener, nothing
> more.
that was answered: trinidad demo/examples:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/trinidad/trunk/trinidad-examples/trinidad-demo/src/main/webapp/demos/tags/fileDownloadActionListener.jspx

please try that example.

> It seemed were simply to implement..Other word, I have used th
> is jsp
> and my question whta is wrong here, why doesnot start file dialog, nothing
> more.
What is/was wrong with your code:
1) no form tag (in first version): without form tag, HTML cannot create
POST request. That's nature of HTML and no framework can solve it.
2) no tag for resource incuding (current version). Again, your latest
view has strucure unsuitable for handling resource, please read [1]. You
are providing own html/head/body structure, JSF have no chance to insert
resource like .js or .css in <head> element. Please use tr:document as
root element or use trh:html/head/body or convert our view to facelets
and use h:head/body.

[1]
http://andyschwartz.wordpress.com/2009/07/31/whats-new-in-jsf-2/#resource-loading

> [...]
> <%@taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
> <%@taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
> <%@taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/html" prefix="trh"%>
> <%@taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad" prefix="tr"%>
>
> <!DOCTYPE html>
>     <head>
>         <LINK href="<%= request.getContextPath()
> %>/Resources/css/styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
>         <LINK href="<%= request.getContextPath()
> %>/Resources/css/background.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
>         <LINK href="<%= request.getContextPath()
> %>/Resources/css/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
>    </head>
>         <title>JSF + Trinidad </title>
>
>     </head>
>
>        <f:view>
>             <h1><h:outputText value="JSF 2.0 + Trinidad 2.0"/></h1>
> filename="#{downloadBean.fileName}"
>
> contentType="#{downloadBean.contentType}"
>                                         method="#{downloadBean.sayHello}"/>
>    <%--
> onunload="onunload()">
>                                 filename="hello.txt"
>                                 contentType="text/plain; charset=utf-8"
>                                 method="#{downloadBean.sayHello}"/>
>    --%>
>        </f:view>
>

> Martin Koci-2 wrote:
> >
> > I don't understand (and I'm not the only one) what you want really.
> >
> > 1) with tr:document and tr:form is your example working. If you still
> > has problem, please provide full project with - I guess it can be
> > configuration issue - or you can compare your configuration with
> > trinidad examples
> >
> > 2) examples (demo) are available from download pages [1] or from svn [2]
> >
> > 3) working example you can see at live demo [3]
> >
> >> Richard, do you realize, you are able see how create link to file
> >> under standard HTML? without any payments?
> > 4) link != download. If you want link to static file, use link.
> > command(Link,Button,...) and provided example has another purpose: to
> > serve (download) content dynamically, based on current state in
> > application
> >
> > 5) there is still room for improvements in logging area. JSF/trinidad
> > should warn user if structure of view is not suitable for basic
> > functionality (like missing form). Please create issue for this. I've
> > created a umbrella issue already for such cases [4]
> >
> > [1] http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/download.html
> > [2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/trinidad/trunk
> > [3]
> > http://www.irian.at/trinidad-demo/faces/demos/tags/fileDownloadActionListener.jspx
> > [4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3053
> >
> > jitechno píše v Pá 17. 06. 2011 v 08:30 -0700:
> >>
> >> Richard, do you realize, you are able see how create link to file
> >> under standard HTML? without any payments?
> >> I am asking to point to elementary but completed constriuction, not to
> >> complex example.
> >> Do you realize the difference between support and basic feature's

I did not
> >> find

 If there is a
it, but short of

> >> invite

> >> own

-0700:
My question
> >> is
about general approach.
Trinidad's page. At

> >> http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/trinidad-api/tagdoc/tr_fileDownloadActionListener.html

to start with more deep

in many production

basic elementary
May be, I am
> >> wrong
is incorrect?

> >> see
inside form or
> >> outside.

see javascripts
> >> errors.
> >> your
> >> of
h:head/h:body tags.

> >> http://andyschwartz.wordpress.com/2009/07/31/whats-new-in-jsf-2/#resource-loading

in order to submit the
> >> data
which tag is giving you
> >> the
would start by trying a
then go from there.  Use
> >> the
include to form, and so on.
> >> Once
app to see what's
also have replacements
> >> for
HTML.  You need to use
> >> these
properly.

<jitechno@gmail.com>

to use form and submit for
the same behavior.

value="JSF 2.0 + Trinidad
> >> 2.0"/></h1>

file">

> >> method="#{downloadBean.sayHello}"/>

is missing...

> >> http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/trinidad-api/tagdoc/tr_fileDownloadActionListener.html

with commandButton I am nat able
no actions, nothing. Please, advice
> >> me,

value="Download"

file">

    filename="hello.txt"

    contentType="text/plain;

> >> method="#{downloadBean.sayHello}"/>

> >> <managed-bean-class>Beans.DownloadBean</managed-bean-class>
there!</value>
charset=utf-8</value>

> >> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 implements java.io.Serializable{