myfaces-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject [NOT SOLVED] Re: JSF2 f:metadata and templates what the feck am I doing wrong?
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:23:04 GMT
Spoke too soon

:-(

I'd been checking to see if it was the servlet mapping that was causing the
issues, so I changed the mapping from *.xhtml to *.faces... and I'd
forgotten to change the url in my browser, so I was being served the raw
.xhtml which was rendering the <h2> as a <h2>...

removing the com.sun.faces.validateXml had no effect

The problem still exists!

HELP!

-Stephen

On 29 April 2011 10:10, Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com>wrote:

> Ok, I just found the/a solution.
>
> that was to remove
>
>   <context-param>
>     <param-name>com.sun.faces.validateXml</param-name>
>     <param-value>true</param-value>
>   </context-param>
>
> from the web.xml
>
> For some reason this completely ruins the f:metadata tag
>
> Not sure if that is a bug or a "feature" but might as well post the
> solution anyway so that others might benefit
>
> -Stephen
>
> On 29 April 2011 10:08, Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Myfaces 2.0.5.
>>
>> I have been reading the JSF docs on the f:metadata tag..., e.g.
>> http://javaserverfaces.java.net/nonav/docs/2.0/vdldocs/facelets/f/metadata.htmland
>> http://myfaces.apache.org/core20/myfaces-impl/tlddoc-facelets/index.html
>>
>> I cannot seem to get f:metadata to work, e.g.
>>
>> */WEB-INF/templates/basic.xhtml*
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
>>        "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
>>      xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
>>      xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
>>      xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
>>        >
>> <h:head>
>>    <ui:insert name="header"/>
>> </h:head>
>> <h:body>
>>    <f:view>
>>        <ui:insert name="metadata"/>
>>        <ui:insert name="content"/>
>>    </f:view>
>> </h:body>
>> </html>
>>
>>
>> and then reference that template
>>
>> */test.xhtml*
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>> <ui:composition xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
>>       xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
>>      xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
>>       xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
>>      template="/WEB-INF/templates/basic.xhtml">
>>    <ui:define name="metadata">
>>       <f:metadata>
>>        <f:viewParam name="id"/>
>>      </f:metadata>
>>    </ui:define>
>>    <ui:define name="content">
>>         <h1>The big news stories of the day</h1>
>>    </ui:define>
>> </ui:composition>
>>
>>
>> whenever i try to access the test.xhtml view I get the following:
>>
>> *[In Jetty 8.0.0.M2]
>> *
>>
>> HTTP ERROR 500
>>
>> Problem accessing /test.xhtml. Reason:
>>
>>    /test.xhtml at line 8 and column 19 <f:metadata> Parent UIComponent
>> j_id1187866547_41aebe2a should be instance of UIViewRoot
>> Caused by:
>>
>> javax.faces.view.facelets.TagException: /test.xhtml at line 8 and column
>> 19 <f:metadata> Parent UIComponent j_id1187866547_41aebe2a should be
>> instance of UIViewRoot
>>  at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.jsf.core.ViewMetadataHandler.apply(ViewMetadataHandler.java:61)
>> at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.ui.DefineHandler.applyDefinition(DefineHandler.java:86)
>>  at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.ui.CompositionHandler.apply(CompositionHandler.java:167)
>> at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.TemplateContextImpl$TemplateManagerImpl.apply(TemplateContextImpl.java:128)
>>  at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.TemplateContextImpl.includeDefinition(TemplateContextImpl.java:92)
>> at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletContext.includeDefinition(DefaultFaceletContext.java:433)
>>  at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.ui.InsertHandler.apply(InsertHandler.java:93)
>> at
>> javax.faces.view.facelets.CompositeFaceletHandler.apply(CompositeFaceletHandler.java:51)
>>  at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.jsf.core.ViewHandler.apply(ViewHandler.java:156)
>> at
>> javax.faces.view.facelets.DelegatingMetaTagHandler.applyNextHandler(DelegatingMetaTagHandler.java:59)
>>  at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentTagHandlerDelegate.apply(ComponentTagHandlerDelegate.java:324)
>> at
>> javax.faces.view.facelets.DelegatingMetaTagHandler.apply(DelegatingMetaTagHandler.java:54)
>>  at
>> javax.faces.view.facelets.CompositeFaceletHandler.apply(CompositeFaceletHandler.java:51)
>> at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.compiler.NamespaceHandler.apply(NamespaceHandler.java:57)
>>  at
>> javax.faces.view.facelets.CompositeFaceletHandler.apply(CompositeFaceletHandler.java:51)
>> at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.compiler.EncodingHandler.apply(EncodingHandler.java:45)
>>  at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFacelet.include(DefaultFacelet.java:322)
>> at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFacelet.include(DefaultFacelet.java:369)
>>  at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFacelet.include(DefaultFacelet.java:347)
>> at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletContext.includeFacelet(DefaultFaceletContext.java:215)
>>  at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.ui.CompositionHandler.apply(CompositionHandler.java:140)
>> at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.compiler.NamespaceHandler.apply(NamespaceHandler.java:57)
>>  at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.compiler.EncodingHandler.apply(EncodingHandler.java:45)
>> at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFacelet.apply(DefaultFacelet.java:143)
>>  at
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.buildView(FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.java:327)
>> at
>> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderResponseExecutor.java:66)
>>  at
>> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:239)
>> at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:191)
>>  at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:546)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:483)
>>  at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:516)
>>  at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:230)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:956)
>>  at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:411)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:188)
>>  at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:891)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)
>>  at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:247)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:151)
>>  at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:114)
>> at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:353)
>>  at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:598)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:1059)
>>  at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:590)
>> at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
>>  at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:427)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:510)
>>  at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.access$000(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:34)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:40)
>>  at
>> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:450)
>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
>>
>>
>> [In Tomcat 7.0.12]
>>
>> HTTP Status 500 -
>>
>> type Exception report
>>
>> message
>>
>> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
>> from fulfilling this request.
>>
>> exception
>>
>> javax.servlet.ServletException: /test.xhtml at line 8 and column 19
>> <f:metadata> Parent UIComponent j_id1187866547_41aebe2a should be instance
>> of UIViewRoot
>>  javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:205)
>> root cause
>>
>> javax.faces.view.facelets.TagException: /test.xhtml at line 8 and column
>> 19 <f:metadata> Parent UIComponent j_id1187866547_41aebe2a should be
>> instance of UIViewRoot
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.jsf.core.ViewMetadataHandler.apply(ViewMetadataHandler.java:61)
>>
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.ui.DefineHandler.applyDefinition(DefineHandler.java:86)
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.ui.CompositionHandler.apply(CompositionHandler.java:167)
>>
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.TemplateContextImpl$TemplateManagerImpl.apply(TemplateContextImpl.java:128)
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.TemplateContextImpl.includeDefinition(TemplateContextImpl.java:92)
>>
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletContext.includeDefinition(DefaultFaceletContext.java:433)
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.ui.InsertHandler.apply(InsertHandler.java:93)
>>
>> javax.faces.view.facelets.CompositeFaceletHandler.apply(CompositeFaceletHandler.java:51)
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.jsf.core.ViewHandler.apply(ViewHandler.java:156)
>>
>> javax.faces.view.facelets.DelegatingMetaTagHandler.applyNextHandler(DelegatingMetaTagHandler.java:59)
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentTagHandlerDelegate.apply(ComponentTagHandlerDelegate.java:324)
>>
>> javax.faces.view.facelets.DelegatingMetaTagHandler.apply(DelegatingMetaTagHandler.java:54)
>> javax.faces.view.facelets.CompositeFaceletHandler.apply(CompositeFaceletHandler.java:51)
>>
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.compiler.NamespaceHandler.apply(NamespaceHandler.java:57)
>> javax.faces.view.facelets.CompositeFaceletHandler.apply(CompositeFaceletHandler.java:51)
>>
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.compiler.EncodingHandler.apply(EncodingHandler.java:45)
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFacelet.include(DefaultFacelet.java:322)
>>
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFacelet.include(DefaultFacelet.java:369)
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFacelet.include(DefaultFacelet.java:347)
>>
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletContext.includeFacelet(DefaultFaceletContext.java:215)
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.tag.ui.CompositionHandler.apply(CompositionHandler.java:140)
>>
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.compiler.NamespaceHandler.apply(NamespaceHandler.java:57)
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.compiler.EncodingHandler.apply(EncodingHandler.java:45)
>>
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.impl.DefaultFacelet.apply(DefaultFacelet.java:143)
>> org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.buildView(FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.java:327)
>>
>> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderResponseExecutor.java:66)
>>  org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:239)
>> javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:191)
>> note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
>> Tomcat/7.0.12 logs.
>>
>> Apache Tomcat/7.0.12
>>
>>
>> Which says it's not the container...
>>
>> If I try direct with no template, e.g.
>>
>> test2.xhtml
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
>>         "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
>>       xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
>>       xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
>>       xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
>>          >
>> <h:head>
>>     <ui:insert name="header"/>
>> </h:head>
>> <h:body>
>>     <f:view>
>>         <f:metadata>
>>           <f:viewParam name="id"/>
>>         </f:metadata>
>>         <h1>The big news stories of the day</h1>
>>     </f:view>
>> </h:body>
>> </html>
>>
>> Then I get:
>>
>> javax.servlet.ServletException: /test2.xhtml at line 14 and column 21 <f:metadata>
Parent UIComponent j_id1723811066_66bf44b9 should be instance of UIViewRoot
>> 	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:205)
>>
>>
>> Which tells me I must be reading
>> http://javaserverfaces.java.net/nonav/docs/2.0/vdldocs/facelets/f/metadata.htmlseriously
wrong
>>
>> Oh, before I forget, here is my web.xml
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <web-app version="2.5" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
>>          xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>          xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
>> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd">
>>   <context-param>
>>     <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
>>     <param-value>server</param-value>
>>   </context-param>
>>   <context-param>
>>     <param-name>javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX</param-name>
>>     <param-value>.xhtml</param-value>
>>   </context-param>
>>   <context-param>
>>     <param-name>javax.faces.FACELETS_SKIP_COMMENTS</param-name>
>>     <param-value>true</param-value>
>>   </context-param>
>>   <context-param>
>>     <param-name>javax.faces.PROJECT_STAGE</param-name>
>>     <!--<param-value>Production</param-value>-->
>>     <param-value>Development</param-value>
>>   </context-param>
>>   <context-param>
>>     <param-name>com.sun.faces.validateXml</param-name>
>>     <param-value>true</param-value>
>>   </context-param>
>>   <listener>
>>
>> <listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
>>   </listener>
>>
>>   <servlet>
>>     <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
>>     <servlet-class>javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet</servlet-class>
>>     <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
>>   </servlet>
>>   <servlet-mapping>
>>     <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
>>     <url-pattern>*.xhtml</url-pattern>
>>   </servlet-mapping>
>>
>>   <session-config>
>>     <session-timeout>60</session-timeout>
>>   </session-config>
>> </web-app>
>>
>> Any and all help appreciated
>>
>> -Stephen
>>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message