myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Michael Heinen <mhn4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: JSF application very slow with HTTPS
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:45:31 GMT
  Fat? Well there is a lot of EL in this table, nearly in all cells,
e.g. for column widths, values, styles etc.
The EL is always hitting backing beans, some with additional map access.

But the real problem is the poor HTTPS performance compared to HTTP.
It should not be caused by the app and also not by JSF or Tomcat of course.
There should be a little overhead for additional handshaking, but not
for the rendering!
Could this be caused by a buffering whereever?

Mark (or anybody else), did you compare your app with http and https?
Just wondering whether this is a problem only in my app.

Regards,
Michael

Am 11.04.2011 17:27, schrieb Mark Struberg:
> Btw another question: 1s local response time? How fat is this page?
>
> We have a really big page in production with 1400 lines in a dataTable - and it renders
in 450 ms...

> How many back-and-forth requests do you see if you open firebug?
> Do you have some EL involved which isn't hitting the backing bean but directly goes into
the database? Something in this direction...