myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Catherine Rocchio" <crocc...@gp-informatics.com>
Subject Do Trinidad Tables update with new rows in PartialSubmit if a CommandButton outside table does the adding of rows?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 21:58:56 GMT
Hi there,

I am trying to achieve a Partial Submit update of a Trinidad Table upon
submit of a Command Button (called "Add Row").  The bean behind the table is
definitely getting updated because when I do an overall page refresh, I see
my new rows getting added - but I can't seem to get the table to refresh on
its own with the partialTriggers on it.

So.. I guess my question is - should something like this work?  Or.. do
tables need to be programmatically poked for partial submits?  This seems
pretty basic - but - it just isn't working for me.  I guess I will feel
better if I know it SHOULD work - and I will keep trying.

I am using Trinidad 2 and Myfaces 2.

Sorry!!!!

Thanks for help!

Catherine

actionListener="#{createworkplan.addAction}"  />

My addAction is just boring - but adds a row to a vector which is behind the
table.

      public void addAction(ActionEvent event) {

                  wprolelist.add(new RoleList("test person", "True",
"True", "True"));

}

And my table has the specification of the partialTrigger.

value="#{createworkplan.wprolelist}" var="row" width = "800"

styleClass="order-table"

partialTriggers="::test"

headerClass="order-table-header"

rowClasses="order-table-odd-row,order-table-even-row"