myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] "Best" Javascript package to use in a new render kit
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 23:22:05 GMT
Hi, we are very interested, btw. we probably have to read our own parts
for the inheritance stuff, because we use inheritance, delegation
and singletons as structural core patterns ourselves in the core.
So if the tool needs meta information in this regard we will have to
readd our own implementation stuff here.

Oh well I guess this is the krux of using a dynamic lanugage which does
not have inheritance and namespaces baked into the core itself.

I guess for every framework used all this information on how to deal
with it must be added and hence tools like jsdoc simply fail on more
complicated cases or frameworks which do not belong to the more popular
ones.

Werner

Am 11.03.11 18:43, schrieb Scott O'Bryan:
> [...]
> richclient.
>
> I talked with the guy who wrote and and he'd be willing to donate it if
> people are interested. He said ripping out the proprietary stuff for
> inheritance should be pretty easy and then the MyFaces community could
> enhance to to allow the docs to work on our own stuff. Are people
> interested?
>
> If so, I can open up a discussion on the dev list with the specifics.
>
> Scott
>
> On 03/10/2011 10:59 AM, Scott O'Bryan wrote:
>> Very good points Leonardo, and your right about Trinidad's parser. I
>> do know that I've seen some stuff in-house which generates
>> javascriptDoc and even does auditing. Let me check to see if it's
>> something we can donate or if it's too specific to our legacy code..
>>
>> On Mar 10, 2011, at 10:35 AM, Leonardo Uribe<lu4242@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I think one of the problems right now it is necessary to overcome is
>>> create
>>> a javascript documentation maven plugin for trinidad, myfaces core
>>> 2.0.x,
>>> and probably tobago.
>>>
>>> If you take a look at the sites of those projects, you'll see there is
>>> generated javadoc, tlddoc, facelets-tlddoc and other documentation
>>> reports
>>> available on the site. But there is not anything for javascript.
>>>
>>> The reason is there is not a maven plugin written in java that do the
>>> job.
>>> In theory it is possible to use jsdoc toolkit, but unfortunately
>>> there is
>>> some code on myfaces core that by its structure can't be documented
>>> properly
>>> with that tool (I already tried it, it just don't), and mozilla rhino
>>> causes
>>> some problems when the goal is executed, because it loads the javascript
>>> file too.
>>>
>>> This is a good idea for a Google Summer Of Code, because in practice
>>> half of
>>> the solution is done. Trinidad javascript plugin contains a code that is
>>> capable of parse javascript files (look the obfuscator), so what we
>>> need is
>>> use this code and create some code that scan for doclets (annotations
>>> on the
>>> comments), get the information and build a model and finally generate
>>> the
>>> documentation using a template tool like velocity. Again we have already
>>> some code on myfaces builder plugin that could be useful.
>>>
>>> Trinidad code is very robust. With JSF 2.0, we have a common ajax
>>> framework,
>>> so in theory it is possible to create custom ajaxified components and
>>> make
>>> them work together with trinidad. But I think what users wants is to
>>> know
>>> the details behind it and how they can extend or override trinidad

I would