myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Håkon Sagehaug <hakon.sageh...@uni.no>
Subject Re: Using statusIndicator
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 07:48:10 GMT
Hi

Thanks for the reply, here is my xhtml, with a simple login form

            <f:facet name="busy">
            </f:facet>

                <f:facet name="infoStatus">
                </f:facet>

                    value="#{helloWorldBacking.username}" required="true" />

                    value="#{helloWorldBacking.password}" required="true"
secret="true" />
partialSubmit="true"
                    action="#{helloWorldBacking.send}" />

And parts of the backing bean

    public String send() {
        FacesContext facesContext = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();

        System.out.println("user name " + username + " is logged in "
                + userLoggedIn);

        try {
            Thread.sleep(5000);
            Token tok = tokenMgr.getToken(username, password, true);
           Thread.sleep(2000);
            pollText = "Token fetched";
            if (tok != null) {
                userLoggedIn = true;
                return ("success");
            }
            username = "";
            password = "";
        } catch (TrustException e1) {
            e1.printStackTrace();
        } catch (AxisFault e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (FileNotFoundException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (XMLStreamException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (InterruptedException e) {

            e.printStackTrace();
        }
        FacesMessage message = new FacesMessage("Login failed");

        facesContext.addMessage("username", message);

        username = "";
        password = "";

        return ("error");

    }
As you can see I sleep the thread to simulate the operations needed to log
in the user, for now I'm only getting the token. After that I'll fetch the
project, data etc...

So I wanted the pollText to apear  dynmically in the status indicator, but
can get it to update,.

Any tips?

cheers, Håkon