myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Clarification please, which project is myfaces?
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:45:11 GMT
Hi!

The Apache MyFaces2 core project is an ALv2 licensed open source implementation of the JSF2
specification (JSR-314).

The older MyFaces jars implemented older JSF specs.

MyFaces also contains a few sub-projects which are loosely related to JSF:

 * Trinidad is a component library for JSF. It can be used on any JSF container you like,
e.g. on Mojarra (Suns JSF implementation)

 * Tobago is also a component library

 * there are also a few 'extensions' projects like Orchestra, EXTVAL, EXTSCRIPT and CODI which
provide utility functionality for JSF applications.

If you need a JSF container (e.g. for use in a WAR file in your tomcat or jetty servlet engine),
then you need myfaces-api.jar[1] and myfaces-impl.jar [2]

LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-api/2.0.4/
[2] http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-impl/2.0.4/