myfaces-users mailing list archives

From java4dev <java4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clarification please, which project is myfaces?
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 15:05:08 GMT
Hi,

I am using Glassfish 3.1 with NetBeans 7.
So I guess I am using Suns implementation and don't need the core
implementation.
Also since Tomahawk is obsolete I can just concentrate on Trinidad and
Tobago

thank you for the response
Nikolas

Στις 29/3/2011 5:45 μμ, ο/η Mark Struberg έγραψε:
> Hi!
>
> The Apache MyFaces2 core project is an ALv2 licensed open source implementation of the
JSF2 specification (JSR-314).

> The older MyFaces jars implemented older JSF specs.
>
> MyFaces also contains a few sub-projects which are loosely related to JSF:
>
>   * Trinidad is a component library for JSF. It can be used on any JSF container you
like, e.g. on Mojarra (Suns JSF implementation)

>   * Tobago is also a component library
>
>   * there are also a few 'extensions' projects like Orchestra, EXTVAL, EXTSCRIPT and
CODI which provide utility functionality for JSF applications.

> If you need a JSF container (e.g. for use in a WAR file in your tomcat or jetty servlet
engine), then you need myfaces-api.jar[1] and myfaces-impl.jar [2]