myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] "Best" Javascript package to use in a new render kit
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2011 22:11:14 GMT
Yes, ADF Faces.  The two share a similar API but ADFFces is much more rich.
 It has animations, push technologies, and some other things.  The
client-side JavaScript has been  re-engineered as well and while it uses
Trinidad as the foundation, there is a lot more on the client side.

Suffice to say that ADFFaces javascipt uses an inheritance framework that is
a little more robust then standard JS inheritance patterns.  We would have
to rip that out and allow he MyFaces projects to replace it with their own
grammars.

Scott

On Mar 12, 2011, at 11:14 AM, Walter Mourão <walter.mourao@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Scott,

I know Oracle, for instance, has a very large renderkit extension
> which is based on Trinidad Internals.  Now it's mostly geared toward
> support of web business applications, but it really shows what can be
> done with the framework.

Do you mean ADF Rich Faces ?

Why do you say "it's mostly geared toward support of web business
applications" ? what are the differences with the application that are done
currently with Trinidad ? Do you know if the ADF Rich Faces client code uses
some external (non-Oracle) javascript package ?

Thanks in advance,

Walter Mourão
http://waltermourao.com.br
http://arcadian.com.br