myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] Concerns about the future of Trinidad
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 14:01:29 GMT
What?  Your example is the 1.0 branch?  Let me ask you this.. If
MyFaces 1.0 and 1.1 receiving active development?  What about he R.I.?
 What about Tomcat 3 or 4 or 5?

The 1.0 branch is old and we supported it, IMO, until well beyond when
most projects would have abandoned it.  Further, there are only so
many hours in the day and the community, as a whole, needs to either
do this work in their spare time or because of what they need to do
for their real jobs.

That's not a community issue, but one of open source.

Look at it this way, all that development that used to go into 1.0 is
now going into 1.2.  All of the development that used to go into 1.2
is now going into 2.0.  That's the natural progression of things.

And let us not forget either that 'YOU' are the community..  If you
wanted to see active development on 1.0, then it's your right to speak
up.  I, for one, think that the Trinidad community benefits from more
voices.

Apache, after all, is not about product, it's about people.

Scott