myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using statusIndicator
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 16:25:44 GMT
That doesn't seem to make any sense to me Richard.  The poll component
does not replace statusIndicator, they simply do two different things.
 The purpose of the poll component is to initiate a request based on a
clock instead of a user click.  You still need some way to display the
information..

Hakon,

The partial trigger in this case should be on the output text although
having it on the status indicator should also work (you'll just get a
larger payload).

Try this.  Remove the status indicator and only have the output text.
Make sure your outputText is located inside the form (possible your
getting a scoping issue).

Does that work?  It should.

On Mar 3, 2011, at 9:06 AM, Richard Yee <richard.k.yee@gmail.com> wrote:

> You don't want statusIndicator, use tr:poll instead
>
> Richard
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 3, 2011, at 7:48 AM, Håkon Sagehaug <hakon.sagehaug@uni.no> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Yes, that was an old cut and past mistake, I've got loginButton as id for
>> the button. The latest test are with loginButton, not button2. So this way
>> of doing it should normally work?
>>
>> cheers, Håkon
>>
>> On 3 March 2011 16:35, Scott O'Bryan <darkarena@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Umm.  Considering the id of your button is button2, I'm not sure why
>>> your partialTrigger is loginButton.  Can you explain?

>>> on

>>> value="#{helloWorldBacking.pollText}"

>>> value="#{helloWorldBacking.pollText}"

>>> I've