myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Rudy De Busscher <rdebussc...@gmail.com>
Subject How do I get the Method EL Expression of actionListener in JSF 2.0?
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 14:48:42 GMT
Hi all,

For an ExtVal-addon I need to have access to the expression string of the
actionListener property of a command button.

So when i have
*<h:commandButton id="check" value="Validate"
actionListener="#{personBean.someActionListener}"/>*
I need #{personBean.someActionListener}.

In JSF 1.X, you could get the MethodBinding by calling
*actionCommand.getActionListener() *
but now it returns null. *The method is deprecated but maybe this is a bug
that the old behaviour isn't respected?*

I can access the actionListener by calling
*actionCommand.getActionListeners()*
but then I get the interface object back and not the underlying
MethodBinding.

Anyone an idea?

Thx
Rudy.