myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: CODI 0.9.0 + Glassfish V3.0.1 + EAR
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:59:39 GMT
Hi Thomas!

First: You don't need Verborghs extension anymore. It it a good introduction sample to extension
programming but was not production ready when I looked it the last time. I wrote an extension
which uses the JSF-2 javax.faces.bean.ViewScope annotation to maintain a CDI Context implementation
last year. The code is now included in CODI and Dan also used it as base for his Seam3 context.
Our code also deals with proper cleanup, etc.

For  the glassfish issue:

a) could you please test it with Apache OpenWebBeans (latest from trunk) and OpenEJB? David
Jencks is currently working on a in depth geronimo integration of OWB. If you write a question
to the dev@geronimo.apache.org list he might give you a quick info about the current status.

b) you might also ping the weld-dev@lists.jboss.org list to get more information about the
glassfish status.

And please keep on providing feedback, this is an important area in the industry and I bet
there are still a few issues left open - so any help and especially feedback about common
use cases is welcome!

LieGrue,
strub