myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help getting started with GlassFish, MyFaces, and Trinidad
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 07:51:34 GMT
Am 19.10.10 06:27, schrieb Alan:
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Jakob Korherr<jakob.korherr@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> You need to have myfaces-api and myfaces-impl dependencies in your
>> project like this:
>>

> OK, thanks to Jakob's hints I got MyFaces-2 running under GlassFish.  One
> thing that is essential (I am putting it here for reference) is the format
> of the sun-web.xml entry has to be:
>
>    <property name="useMyFaces" value="true"/>
>
> Also you have to set:
>
>      <class-loader delegate="false"/>
>
> I encountered something very disturbing when experimenting with this.  In
> many cases something actually over-writes the sun-web.xml file when I try to
> run the application.  It seems to happen somewhere in the deployment
> process.  I don't know if this is a bug in netbeans or the MyFaces servlet
> is doing something.  Has anyone else seen this?

Actually myfaces does not alter anything...

> Another thing I discovered is that when using MyFaces, the CDI services no
> longer work for managed beans.  You have to use the
> @java.faces.bean.ManagedBean annotation. The @javax.enterprise.inject.Model
> annotation will not work.  This is sort of a show-stopper for me since I
> have a fair amount of code that uses CDI now and I read that the faces
> annotations may end up deprecated.  Is there any workaround on this or any
> word if this is going to be fixed?

Ok I am doing a wild guessing here, maybe you have to add an el resolver
entry for weld, I assume weld/cdi comes from the container and since
myfaces is hosted in your ear, some kind of auto configuration which
otherwise would be picked up is not in this case, due to the
classloading order and different jar locations.

It might either resolve itself by adding weld to your application as
dependency or even better try to locate the el resolver entry and add it
to your faces-config.xml