myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Alan <omegaobj...@gmail.com>
Subject The <f:selectItems> tag works differently with trinidad
Date Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:11:59 GMT
In an attempt to work around my ajax problem I change a form's
<h:selectOneListbox> to a <tr:selectOneListbox>.  Of course this tag
has a child tag to provide it a list of SelectItems as follows:

<f:selectItems
    id="slSubLocations"
    value="#{cc.subLocations}"
    var="loc" itemValue="#{loc.id}"
     itemLabel="#{loc.name}"   />

The EL expression cc.subLocations fetches a List<Location>.  When used
with the tr: form of the parent tag, this results in an cast exception
where (Location) cannot be cast to (SelectItem).   Of course I just
recoded the getter to return List<SelectItem> but is it the intent
that trinidad deviates in functionality from standard Faces like this?

P.S. this didn't fix my ajax problems neither.

Regards,
A.