myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Alan <omegaobj...@gmail.com>
Subject Need help getting started with GlassFish, MyFaces, and Trinidad
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:54:21 GMT
I have been using GlassFish 3 to host a JSF 2.0 so far with some success,
but with no imported libraries. For some odd reason I can't seem to find
documentation that can get me started with MyFaces.

I added a Maven dependency as follows:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.core</groupId>
            <artifactId>myfaces-impl-ee6</artifactId>
            <version>2.0.2</version>
            <type>jar</type>
        </dependency>

But I don't know what other steps to take, particularly with regard to
web.xml or faces-config.xml.  The documentation I can find all seems
appropriate for MyFaces 1.x -- are all the setups the same?

Do I need to remove the dependencies on com.sun.faces?  What about the
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet?   Do I still use that or is it optional?

So far I can't get past the following error from
GlassFish: NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/myfaces/shared_impl/webapp/webxml/DelegatedFacesServlet

Any pointers much appreciated.

OO.