myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Trasca Virgil <virgil_tra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Integrate jQueryUI ThemeRoller with Apache MyFaces.
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:00:51 GMT
Hi

     I am interested to get better skinning support in Apache MyFaces. I want to
get MyFaces closely integrated with http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/ - I am
targeting MyFaces JSF1.2 branch.

The end result should be the same with what PrimeFaces already did
- http://www.primefaces.org/themes.html

My initial idea is to implemented a JQueryCssToMyFacesCss kind of compiler which
will get as input the jquery CSS syntax and will dump MyFaces CSS syntax.

I have few questions related with this:
	* Did anybody tried something similar in the past - in the MyFaces community?
	* Do you think the approach is achievable? Do you have a better suggestion? Is
the UI MyFaces CSS syntax a generic enough UI css framework or is making MyFaces
specific assumptions?
	* Is this doable only by implementing the previous compiler or the
MyFaces/Trinidad components should be touched also?

Here is the documentation for jQuery UI CSS framework

http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Theming/API

Thank you,
Virgil