myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Seema Richard (UST, IND)" <Seema.Rich...@ust-global.com>
Subject RE: [Trinidad] Problem using on Blackberry mobile
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2010 05:02:10 GMT
Mamallan,

I was able to reproduce the problem using a simple page which just has a
Trinidad input text and a Trinidad command button. There is no
javascript used anywhere. I'm printing the request parameters using a
phase listener.

Here is the output when I submit the form using a normal browser.

key is javax.faces.ViewState val is  !1
key is input1 val is  seema
key is org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.faces.FORM val is  j_id2
key is _noJavaScript val is  false
key is button1 val is  press me
key is source val is  button1

Here is the output when I submit the form using the blackberry browser.
My backing bean method is not called in this case.

key is javax.faces.ViewState val is  !3
key is input1 val is  seema
key is org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.faces.FORM val is  j_id2
key is _noJavaScript val is  false
key is button1 val is  press me

You can see that the request parameter named 'source' is missing in the
case of Blackberry. Here is the code for my xhtml page.

<code>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
	xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
	xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
	xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
	xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad"
	xmlns:trh="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/html">

value="#{simpleBackingBean.name}" required="true"/>
action="#{simpleBackingBean.test}" />

</code>

Thanks,
Seema