myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Niklas <co...@dniklas.de>
Subject Re: AW: double click problem in JSF
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:19:59 GMT

Hi,

we have a solution for double clicks, too! We are using a token, to check
requests on the serverside. On the client we are using the jquery UI-Plugin
(http://jquery.malsup.com/block/).
This is working verry good!

The code that submits the form in trinidad is problematic. There are tests
for more than one click within 500ms or something like that. That is
error-prone.
Because of that we are using the "event batches" mechanism in javascript. We
have overridden the submit-function of trinidad to ensure, that only one
request ist generated. (The request itself is done by trinidad...)  For
Details see
http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/timing-and-synchronization-in-javascript/.

Last but not least you can procuce double clicks when you use an
specific widget for the rendered option-element. You can not prevent to open
the select-box with javascript! To resolve this problem we have written our
own renderer, that renders custom html/css/javascript.

Our solution is working very well now, but we have invested a lot of time
for it! I hope, that at least this comment will help the community a little
bit!

Best regards
Daniel