myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Ricardo Rog" <ricardo....@softproject.de>
Subject [Trinidad] Sort Meta Tags
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:18:20 GMT
Hello,

I have an application that has to run in IE7. Now I want to force IE8
browsers to render the page in IE7 mode. For this reason I added the
meta-tag to the page which should have this effect but it doesn’t work.
After some research I found an explanation for this behavior: the meta tag
has to be the first meta tag in the page or it will not work.

I added the meta tag like this:

<f:view …>

            inlineStyle="margin:0px" mode="strict">

            <f:facet name="metaContainer">

                  <h:panelGroup>

<!—some other meta tags à

</h:panelGroup>

</f:facet>

<!—pageà

But it gets rendered like this:

        <head>

                 <title>…</title>

               <link rel="stylesheet" charset="UTF-8" type="text/css"
href="/dsuche/adf/styles/cache/sp-desktop-wfgiw0-ltr-ie.css;jsessionid=C6FD3
EA54675A722492C8E6CB59917BF">

<!—some other meta tags à

Can I in some way reorder the meta tags so the IE meta tag is the first one?

Thanks for your time

Ricardo