myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Dmitry Barsukov <dbarsu...@gmail.com>
Subject Combining <tr:> tags with standard HTML elements such as <div> and <span> for example
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 12:50:16 GMT
Hi All,

Here is the question for Trinidad experts.
We are extensively using <div> and <span> tags in our Trinidad based
application (*.xhtml pages) combining them with the rest of Trinidad
features.
The question I have is... there is a feeling that this is not quite the way
Trinidad expects to have the content fed into the Trinidad renderer.

My concern is based on the fact that the examples provided with Trinidad do
not include any standard HTML tags...

It seems that by feeding Trinidad with something it does not expect we are
sort of a "breaking it".

However JSF spec does not stop developers from using standard HTML tags in
JSF pages.

So, the feeling is kinda mixed... so far I have not found any single black
and white "NO, do not use HTML tags".
At the same time the question "why the use case with standard HTML tags is
not provided in Trinidad examples" still remains.

Could anyone help me to clarify the picture?

---
Sincerely yours
Dmitry Barsukov