myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Paul Mander <paul.s.man...@gmail.com>
Subject [Trinidad] partialSubmit with an action
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:57:22 GMT

I've just picked up some code that was appearing to execute twice or even
three times for every request. I put some logging in a phase listener and a
custom faces servlet (delegates to a real one) so I could track the
requests.

I finally tracked the problem down to command components that declare an
action and partialSubmit="true". I've never actually seen a partial submit
with an action before and I can't quite fathom what trinidad is doing with
respect to this (I would have assumed that it would ignore the partial
submit as the entire view needs updating).

All I can see is the evidence that if I take off the partial submit I am
back to my single execution per user request.

Any thoughts as to if this is a bug in trinidad or a valid design pattern?

Paul