myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "ABOUSSOROR El Arbi" <el-arbi.abousso...@sogeti.com>
Subject Faces Servlet and MyFacesServlet (conflictiong) definitions
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 16:56:15 GMT
Hi,

  In my generated from eclipse WTP web.xml I have 2 different declaration of
Faces Servlet:

<servlet>

    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>

    <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>

  </servlet-mapping>

.

<servlet>

    <servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>

    <servlet-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.MyFacesServlet</servlet-class>

    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>

    <servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>

    <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>

  </servlet-mapping>

So when I try to access to my jsp pages using
<http://localhost:8080/de.vogella.jsf.first/faces/Convertor.jsf>
http://localhost:8080/de.vogella.jsf.first/faces/Convertor.jsf I have
problems (a non ending stack trace) but this using the same url without the
"/faces":   <http://localhost:8080/de.vogella.jsf.first/Convertor.jsf>
http://localhost:8080/de.vogella.jsf.first/Convertor.jsf it works.

What I 've understand from these 2 servlet definitions: depending on the
url, MyFacesServlet or FacesServlet or both will be started. Is it correct ?

And my problem come from the urls that maps the 2 definitions like this one: