myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "ABOUSSOROR El Arbi" <el-arbi.abousso...@sogeti.com>
Subject RE: Faces Servlet and MyFacesServlet (conflictiong) definitions
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 08:30:04 GMT

With one FacesServlet it works well, thanks :)
-----Message d'origine-----
De : Michael Kurz [mailto:michi.kurz@gmx.at]
Envoyé : jeudi 22 juillet 2010 21:25
À : users@myfaces.apache.org
Objet : Re: Faces Servlet and MyFacesServlet (conflictiong) definitions

Hi,

with those two servlets and mappings you can use these urls if you have
.jsp pages:

1) http://localhost:8080/de.vogella.jsf.first/faces/Convertor.jsp
2) http://localhost:8080/de.vogella.jsf.first/Convertor.jsf

Do you see the difference? The first one uses the prefix /faces and the
real name of the page. The second one internally replaces the extension
from .jsf to jsp.

But however, normally you don't need more than one FacesServlet.

Regards
Michael

Am 22.07.2010 18:56, schrieb ABOUSSOROR El Arbi:
> Hi,
>

>    In my generated from eclipse WTP web.xml I have 2 different declaration
of
> Faces Servlet:
>

> <servlet>
>
>      <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
>
>      <servlet-class>javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet</servlet-class>
>
>      <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
>
>    </servlet>
>
>    <servlet-mapping>
>
>      <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
>
>      <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
>
>    </servlet-mapping>
>

> .
>
> <servlet>
>
>      <servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.MyFacesServlet</servlet-class>