myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Monshausen" <Martin.Monshau...@prodyna.de>
Subject update values on checkbox click
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 18:04:44 GMT
Hi community,
would you mind taking a short look to the following problem, please?

Depending on the value of a checkbox I want to show either an inputText-element or an inputTextarea-element
- as shown below. The default is, that the checkbox is disabled and therefore the inputText
will be shown. If the user enters some text to the textbox, I want to transfer it to the inputTextArea.
If I trigger some actions located on the page after text was entered and before checkbox is
clicked (communication with server took place) everything is working fine.
If I click the checkbox right after entering the text only the changed value of the checkbox
is considered as changed (setter-method for DebitNote will not be called) and nothing is transferred
(assuming nothing was enter to the inputText before).
What's wrong? Did I missed something? Is there any other solution you would suggest?

//checkbox clicking on button in order to transfer state to server
<h:selectBooleanCheckbox value="#{ra.kmt}" onclick="document.getElementById('updateButton').click();"
/>

//shown on startup; value should be transferred
<h:inputText value="#{ra.debitnote}" rendered="#{!ra.kmt}" size="53" maxlength="50" tabindex="1"
 />

//shown if checkbox is checked; value of inputText should be displayed
<h:inputTextarea value="#{ra.debitnote}" rendered="#{ra.kmt}" rows="4" cols="42" tabindex="1"
/>

//just repaint site (only transfer state to server)
<t:commandButton action="repaint" style="visibility:hidden;" forceId="true" id="updateButton"
/>

Thanks alot,

Martin