myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Paul Mander <paul.s.man...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: [Trinidad] Trinidad consuming 80-90% CPU
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 11:13:25 GMT

Paul Mander wrote:

> A bit more profiling and a bit more googlnig shows that for "certain types
> of io: websphere s*cks".
>
> http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21366862
>
> You can disable this and this accounts for the extra...

An just to confirm - diabling AIO and running my original test profiling
under WAS gives 629ms

Now, I have no idea if AIO would somehow become more important in a heavily
loaded system. But it is something else to test in the full environment.
Also to note, I am testing locally with WAS 6.1.0.15 and the AIX deployment
is 6.1.0.29. Therefore I have not confirmed if AIO has been fixed for the
.29 release anyway.

Just for the record it looks like most of the cpu disccrepency was propbably
accounted for by a -Xtrace flag slipping nito the configuration. I'll keep
everyone updated with the results.