myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Paul Mander <paul.s.man...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: [Trinidad] Trinidad consuming 80-90% CPU
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 09:11:29 GMT

There is a common denominator here - WebSphere 6.1. I've jusr created a
simple app that has 2 pages. The first page uses a hierarchy of 3 templates
and has 3 subforms on the page each with 10 check boxes on them. Clicking a
checkbox on a subform will PPR all checkboxes on that particular form.
There's a command button on the page that goes to another page with (again 3
templates in the hierarchy) and 10 input text components.

I run a test that goes

1) load the first page
2) click on checkbox 1 subform 1
3) click on checkbox 1 subform 2
4) click on checkbox 1 subform 3
5) click on command button (goes to page 2)
6) enter text in all input fields
7) click command button to go back to page 1
8) repeat 2-7 3 times

I run the test once to warm any caches and I run it in a WAs 6.1 profile on
a wnidow box and a Tomcat 6 install also on the same windows box.

I profile both apps with the default excludes (which exclude everything for
this test) and just measure the CPU (totally filtered).

WAS test: 32,577ms
Tomcat test: 439ms

Going to turn off the filter for the trinidad classes and see where the WAS
CPU is giong.