myfaces-users mailing list archives

From St├ęphane Rondinaud <sron...@club-internet.fr>
Subject [TRINIDAD] Trinidad 1.2.13 + MyFaces 1.2.8 + Tomahawk 1.2.9 + Facelets 1.1.14: tabs in facelets ending in the page output in their escaped form
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 19:26:08 GMT
Hello all,

I needed to update to 1.2.13 to solve a problem with search engine
bots generation NPEs, and just after the switch, I realized that some
tabs present in the different facelets pages were getting through to
the output page escaped as "&#9;", ruining my attempt at having
conforming webpages - the tabs being in the <head></head>, the
validation fails...

I traced back the problem to commit 886958 related to bug
TRINIDAD-1655. What's bothering me is that I seem to be the only one
to have this problem as I couldn't find any post on the mailing list
about such a problem.

You'll find attached a minimal maven project illustrating the problem.
Launching it by "mvn jetty:run" and browsing to http://localhost:8080/TrinidadTest/
  will return a page with some "&#9;" in place of regular tabs.

One last thing: I tried to use a Selenium test to track the problem
but it seems that the "getHtmlSource()" method replaces automatically
the &#9; with regular tabs, thus rendering the test useless.

Please feel free to request anything that could help finding the cause
of the issue,

Best regards,

   St├ęphane Rondinaud