myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Aranda <brunoara...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with composite component inside ui:repeat
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 16:01:47 GMT
Hi,

I am having some problems to understand this case:

I have a composite component inside a ui:repeat. Something like this:

 <ui:repeat value="#{testController.objects}" var="obj">
                    <myComposite:myComp />
 </ui:repeat>

And the implementation of the component contains this:

<composite:implementation>
    <h:commandButton value="Say something" actionListener="#{cc.sayHello}">
<composite:implementation>

And I have the corresponding faces component with the "sayHEllo"
actionListener method.

However, I get an exception saying that "cc.sayHello" cannot be executed
because "cc" is null for that request.

Everything works as expected outside the ui:repeat, so it seems that for
some reason the "cc" is lost after the first request? Or is this expected
and I am doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Bruno