myfaces-users mailing list archives

From pushpalatha gowdra <gm_pushpala...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Problem with tr:selectOneChoice
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 04:14:26 GMT
Hello Frank,

if you want to reset the SelectOneChoice then setting the selectedEntry to null will not help.
You should reset the values in SelectOneChoice component. It can be done programattically
as below

CoreSelectOneChoice drdpComponent = (CoreSelectOneChoice) e.getComponent().findComponent("drdpComponentID");
drdpComponent .resetValue();
drdpComponent .getChildren().clear();

The updated entries list from the Bean would be refelected in the SelectOneChoice since its
binded with the SelectOneChoice component

Please try the above code in your doSomething()

Hope this helps

Regards,
Pushpa

--- On Wed, 19/5/10, Gronenborn, Frank <Frank.Gronenborn@arag.de> wrote:

From: Gronenborn, Frank <Frank.Gronenborn@arag.de>
Subject: AW: AW: Problem with tr:selectOneChoice
To: "MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, 19 May, 2010, 7:35 PM

Right, my fault, of course this method should return String. My latest try was with String,
admittedly. But, somehow, both methods could be invoked without any problems, either the void
or the String one. Currently I believe that PPR with Trinidad selectOneChoice leads to this
problem. The workaround might be suitable to me, but maybe you are interested in some in-depth
solution.

Thank you very much for the help and suggestions, anyway.
Frank