myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Stéphane Rondinaud <sron...@club-internet.fr>
Subject Re: [TRINIDAD] Trinidad 1.2.13 + MyFaces 1.2.8 + Tomahawk 1.2.9 + Facelets 1.1.14: tabs in facelets ending in the page output in their escaped form
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 19:09:57 GMT
Hello Max,

The trouble when using a handful of framework is that when something
breaks, the question is always to "which one is broken?". If I posted
here, it's because Trinidad was the only framework that changed when
the problem happened.

You'll find attached a lightly modified version of the test case. It's
a maven project again, and the integration test is illustrating the
problem. It expects a trinidadRelease parameter as follow:

   mvn -DtrinidadRelease=12 integration-test

=> this results in no problem on the integration test

  mvn -DtrinidadRelease=13 integration-test

=> this results in a failure of the test checking the presence of
"&#9;" in the output page

Now it could be that up to and excluding release 13, Trinidad was
incorrectly dealing with the tabs by passing them as is to the output
page. Thus we'd have built our application on a false premise, thus
the current problem?

I suspect a little regression though: the revision I indicated in my
HtmlEscapes/XmlEscapes or something similar. I've got had time yet to
delve into Trinidad code but the fact that between release 12 and 13
the behaviour changed strikes me as a more than probable cause of the
problem.

Best regards,

   Stéphane Rondinaud