myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Martin Häusler <martin.haeus...@ecoment.de>
Subject ExtValRenderKitFactory - Configuration Failed
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 19:00:22 GMT
Hi there,

this is my first post here. I trying to get myfaces extval to work. So
I started a new dynamic web project in eclipse and added all the
needed libraries to my WEB-INF/lib directory. These were:

- commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
- commons-codec-1.3.jar
- commons-collections-3.2.jar
- commons-digester-1.8.jar
- commons-discovery-0.4.jar
- commons-logging-1.1.1jar
- myfaces-api-1.2.8.jar
- myfaces-impl-1.2.8.jar
- myfaces-extval-core-1.2.3.jar
- myfaces-extval-property-validation-1.2.3.jar

I did not add further libraries and just wanted to start this
application with my tomcat 6.0 locally installed. But everytime I try
to start I get the following error:

exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of
class com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
com.sun.faces.config.ConfigurationException: CONFIGURATION FAILED!
org
.apache
.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.renderkit.ExtValRenderKitFactory
	at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigManager.initialize(ConfigManager.java:
213)
	at
com
.sun
.faces
.config.ConfigureListener.contextInitialized(ConfigureListener.java:196)
	at
org
.apache
.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3843)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:
4350)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:
1045)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:719)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:
1045)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:
443)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:
710)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
	at
sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
39)
	at
sun
.reflect
.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
25)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)

Can anybody explain me what this error means and how I resolves this
problem? I really want to start developing applications with extval,
but I cannot create a very simple project because of this error!

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Martin