myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Jakob Korherr <jakob.korh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javascript error "jsf is not defined"
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 12:16:04 GMT
Hi Matthias,

You're using MyFaces 2.0 and JSP, right?

The problem is that h:outputScript only works for facelets and not for JSP.
I would recommend that you use facelets instead of JSP, because in JSF 2.0
JSP is seen as a legacy technology which does not include many of the new
features. Furthermore it is easy to change!

If you do want to use JSP, you will have to include the script directly
rather than using h:outputScript. This will look something like this:

<script type="text/javascript"
src="/test-webapp/javax.faces.resource/jsf.js.jsf?ln=javax.faces"></script>

But note that my application prefix is "test-webapp" and my used mapping is
*.jsf - I guess you will have to change those settings!

Regards,
Jakob