myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Scott McMasters <scott.mcmast...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] validation with non-trinidad tags
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 15:57:14 GMT
I've discovered that the problem is rendered attributes which are set
by an EL expression to a property of a managed bean.

In my managed bean, I have several boolean properties which determine
whether a form is being edited, or inserted, or used as a search
filter, or just to view details (with values only).  And so, whether
they're required or rendered is determined in EL expressions.  There
must be something I don't understand about the validation process
because these properties are disappearing if there's a validation
error;  that is, their state isn't being maintained.  This happens
even if I have inputHidden's for their values.

Could someone give me some advice?

Thanks in advance,

Scott McMasters