myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Derry Cannon <d3r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Conversion error using inputDate with a non-US browser locale
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 16:23:19 GMT
> Can you try with convertDateTime and specify the pattern that you want to
use

No luck - the DateTimeConverter associated with the inputDate gets called
first.

> When t:inputDate is rendered, its input fields are rendered in this form:
>
>            encodeInputDay(inputDate, writer, clientId, userData, disabled,
> readonly);
>            encodeInputMonth(inputDate, writer, clientId, userData,
> currentLocale, disabled, readonly);
>            encodeInputYear(inputDate, writer, clientId, userData,
disabled,
> readonly);
>
> For that component that is fixed and the code does not check the locale
> before render them.

Yes, that's true.  However, the javascript that takes the values from those
three fields and uses them to construct the String that is eventually passed
as the inputDate's submitted value IS locale-aware.  The problem seems to be
with the the JS not properly acknowledging the locale, and therefore using
the wrong pattern to build the value string.

Can anyone who's using inputDate in Europe send me a code snippet of how
you're using it?

Thanks!
Derry