myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] Use Dojo with Trinidad
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:23:37 GMT
Have you set your body styleClass to Tundra?

Classical problem if you apply dojo, that you forget
to add the style class to the body element.

Dijit usually works works over constructs like that stylewise

body.tundra ... .widgetType .subElement

etc....
Also highly recommendable if you have a load of controls on your page
do not use the dijit parsing system use the manual startup of the
controls and push it into dojo.addOnLoad
example dojo.addOnLoad(function () {
	mydateWidget = new dijit.form.DateTextBox("myId", {<attributes>});
});

Have in mind you can mix Dojo and Trinidad, I did that successfully in
the past, but Dojo is highly sensitive on how and when you initialized
its elements and also certain mixing combinations do not like each
other, like the dialog and html editor.

Also there are some issues like if you want to use a dojo button with
jsf, then you should combine it in JSF 2 with a component have the
submit properly issued (or provide a simulation of what the standard
buttons submit)

And at least back then you could not use a certain combination of widgets.
Also have a look at dojo faces http://www.dojofaces.org/

I have put my own dojo jsf components project on hold of it.
(among private reasons like having become a father and hence not being
able to support a huge complib project in my sparetime)

That is mostly what you encounter if you use dojo with jsf.

Werner