myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javascript error "jsf is not defined"
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 06:54:02 GMT
Am 07.04.10 08:14, schrieb Matthias Leis:
> Hi Jakob,
>
> I guess I use the built-in facelets. At least this is the code from faces-config:
> <view-handler>
>        com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler
> </view-handler>
Wrong view handler... the jsf2 one is not under com.sun, but under
javax.faces.view.facelets and it is initialized automatically if you use
myfaces and the jsf2 facelets (no further configuration is needed)
Com sun is the old Facelet 1.x stuff and the new tags cannot work under
it due to the extensions in the jsf2 lifecycle and view handler api.
So it is either old facelets or the jsf2 one but not a mix of both, sort
of a hard break introduced by the namespace change from com.sun into
javax.facelets and due to the api changes, but better once a hard break
from old habits than having endless pain :-)

Basically if you run in a pure jsf2 environment you can start to use
facelets without additional configuration on the faces-config side.

Werner