myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Derry Cannon <d3r...@gmail.com>
Subject Conversion error using inputDate with a non-US browser locale
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:11:35 GMT
I'm having trouble using the Tomahawk inputDate for non-US locales.  If in
Firefox I set my general.useragent.locale to "en-US", all is well.  However,
if I set my locale to "en-GB", I get a conversion error from the inputDate.
Stepping through the debugger, it appears that when my locale is "en-GB" and
I submit a date of April 15, 2010, the value of the date submitted is
"4/15/2010," while the inputDate's DateTimeConverter is expecting the value
of "15/04/2010."

I've tried the following:

   - setting the inputDate's timezone to "Europe/London"
   - associating an f:convertDateTime with the inputDate, giving the
   converter the locale of "en-GB"
   - setting the locale in f:view to "en-GB"

I've also confirmed that "en-GB" is a supported locale in the
faces-config.xml.  I'm out of ideas over here, and any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks much!
Derry